Friday 24 September 2010

Take two...

Llanbedrog 13/8/10, 12 to 15 knots northerly

Despite George pleading with me, there was never going to be any chance of taking him with me just yet!  Still, at the age of six, he has plenty to prove before he wrestles LC from my grasp!

Name stickers now on ( a little bit of explaining required to the curious), Velocitek SC-1 fitted, elastic on the tiller.  Self-amalgamating tape on the RH adjuster - this has subsequently worked really well - it gives excellent grip and hasn't slipped or jumped out once.  I can't believe I've been the first to do that pimp, but who knows!

A bit more wind than last time, but lovely flat water and clean wind.  I faffed around too long getting out, which meant too far to drag LC out.  That's  a work-out in itself!  Dropping off a steep ramp would be a doddle in comparison.  Still, sailing in the quiet waters of Cardigan Bay is just so glorious, with all the mountains in clear sunshine as far as one could see...

Screaming around - 18.6 knots highest average and 19.4 peak.  No big issues apart from the wand flipping forward (beyond top-dead centre), needing a capsize to flip it back.  Some seem to have a line to prevent that, so I'll try it sometime...  Discretion brought me back in after an hour or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment