Friday 10 September 2010

Emotion...

There's much debate over the true function of the Limbic System in the brain - or whether it exists at all - but it seemed an apt name for my new Moth.  Emotion, reward, fear, excitment, arousal, pleasure, addiction, spatial memory... I am sure most of these are in store as I "learn to sail" again.

It's not my first time: I had five fun-packed years from 1990-1995 in my bright yellow Magnum 8 "Gooseberry Fool" K3942. This I bought from a certain Si Payne, it being his brother's boat. It was famous for having chicken wire "tramps", which didn't last long in salt water before disintegrating.  K3942 is back on sale... I'm glad to see she's still yellow!

The intervening years have brought challenges in my career and a wonderful family.  A certain birthday was coming up, so , yes, LC really is my mid-life crisis.  But, spurred on by Si Payne and AMAC's performance in Dubai - let alone the legend of Colin Newman still being there - it didn't seem too crazy to join the class again.  Being time poor, it was with a few moments of guilt that I chose Aardvark, but there are many, many good reasons to join Team Ninja...

No comments:

Post a Comment